Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 27, 2012

[Event/Assignment] Anibee @ ICDS

Disclaimer: This post is purely my own and do not represent the opinions of any parties/companies mentioned.

So Sunday (two days after DF PCP), was my one-day ad-hoc assignment at ICDS! Spotted anibee's FB advert for a part-timer (two actually) and I got the job ((:

Pardon for the lack of pictures, still not used to taking many many photos yet. Plus my camera seems out of focus lately =\

So what's my job

Basically I had to dress up in a meido costume. It was not as awkward as I had expected. 5 minutes into the costume and I forgot about being in it, except when people randomly ask for photos. Was a mini-mini celebrity, because I was 'bonded' to the anibee booth, which deterred some photographers. The boss would ask why they wanted a picture together :P

The pink and white costume! 

The free water and doraemon if you signed up as a member (:
I had to tweet about the anisong finals as well! There were 8 finalists and 4 judges. Once they finished singing, we had to tabulate the results immediately xD Winner was Skye with $300 dollars! She had to split it with her guitarist though :P 1st runner-up was Ryodo, 2nd runner-up was Deborah. They also won a nice trophy as well as 1 year premium Anibee membership. Congrats to all winners (:

From top to bottom, left to right: Skye, Kathleen, QB-sensei, Noelle, Grace, Ryodo, Deborah, Sode

And when this was over, it was back to manning the booth, giving out flyers, getting sign-ups for the free membership as well as for the ambassador hunt 2012 (and getting my photos taken ><). All in all, it was a fun event with pretty good cosplayers and a ton of photographers. A good place to grab photos would be here. There will also be posts from past cosplay-related events. (:

ICDS also featured a cosplay catwalk and competition. They also had a cosplay chess segment which could have been more exciting if the rest of the cosplayers did not have to leave the stage and come back after every 'battle'.

I got a little freebie from anibee too (:
oooo it swimssss

A little more about anibee

anibee is Singapore’s first official J-Culture Portal, dedicated to promoting and providing a wide variety of content in Japanese Anime, Manga, Toys, Games and Cosplay. anibee also provides on-demand videos of the most popular Anime with FREE access as well as subscription based Premium content.

Amaya.

2 comments:

dollonstrings Tuesday, August 28, 2012  

You look really prim. XD Not as 'cute' as expected! More like the real kind of neat and tidy maid.

雨夜 [アマヤ] Tuesday, August 28, 2012  

Haha maybe it's just my face at that time, a bit stoned. If I smiled, it might have been better :P