Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Anime updates~! aka post-exam aftermath

Tis the holidays!


Also the month of spending OTL Christmas presents, more birthday gifts, meetups and outings~!

I spent the first week of December after exams being my otaku self: watching anime xD

Danganronpa




Rating: 6 / 10

Rather entertaining with an interesting way of using the detective concept! I liked how they kept to the game design of moving around, collecting clues etc. However, with all the hype I have seen about this anime, I am rather disappointed? The game was better for me, because you could find the clues and deduce on your own, but converted into an anime, became a bit boring. I enjoyed the soundtrack though, was really useful in building tension and excitement at the appropriate moments!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 




Rating: 9.5 / 10

The anime was not as impactful as it would have been if not for the Internet xD Even then, it is definitely dark and unlike all the magical animes out there xD I particularly enjoyed the battle sequences, very well executed. What really surprised me was that Madoka, while being the main character, actually had very little spotlight in the whole anime. Only finished the anime but not the movies, but I am looking forward to finishing them :D

Darker Than Black 




Rating: 8 / 10

Finished both seasons and the Gaiden! A rather old anime, I liked the episodic feel of this anime: each episode has its own mini mission which the main characters accomplish to differing extents. Hei, the main lead gets weirder every episode, which I will leave you to find out for yourself xD The second season had better, faster pacing than its first, but I enjoyed the characters from Season 1 more.



Ending off with a picture from a photoshoot I helped out in the same week:

Cosplayer: Rasitlin Photog: Shaun

So what has everyone been up to this December holidays?  (:

Ciao!




0 comments: