Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

[Amaya Travels] Tokyo, Japan (Yoyogi-Uehara, Meiji Jingu, Shimokitazawa)


After my short stay in Nikko, I spent the rest of the trip staying in Tokyo~

I had originally planned to stay in Shinjuku area, but due to some issues, my airbnb host Lauren managed to switch me to another place in Shibuya area (airbnb link here!). It was a little out of the way, but I loved the neighbourhood!



There was a bakery / cafe right outside my apartment which was awesome!


Shopping district has a lot of dining options as well~


What I pack out when roaming the neighbourhood~

Due to the change in accommodation location, I was really near to Meiji Jingu! So that was my first stop after resting for an evening in my lovely place~!

♡  Meiji Shrine  ♡

Meiji Shrine (Meiji Jingu) spans a really wide area, including the park area. Several stations link to Meiji Shrine, so do check which station you can alight from~

Enjoyed buying train tickets!
The place is massive!



Main shrine area


There are also small museums where you can enter for a small fee.



A video posted by 雨夜 (@amaya_enlt) on



♡  Shimokitazawa  ♡


Shimokitazawa, also known as "Shimokita", is a more laid-back shopping district. It spans a few streets, with lost of interesting shops to walk into and explore. It was near Halloween as well, so many shops were involved in the Halloween festivities!


A kanzashi shop I really liked!



Tea time!



There was an open air bazaar going on too

Some girls promoting grilled squid (seasonal food for autumn)


Frog prince for Halloween?



Queues to trick or treat at participating stores~





Such a cute display!
Trying do document my trip in Japan with stickers and other items~ Brochures are super useful!


Spent some time wandering around the Grand Bazaar store in Shimokita~ The third floor has Lolita clothing and accessories (even though they are still pretty hefty on the wallet T.T) 

A video posted by 雨夜 (@amaya_enlt) on


Connect with me~







 


*Emoticons courtesy of JapanLover.me.

0 comments: